Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Positioning Week


The past week I have been deciding which area of the market I want to focus the majority of my energy on. If I know where I'm going, I can determine the best route to get there. What I came up with is to focus on getting commercial representation and challenging roles in student films and non-union theatre. I need the commercial rep in order to gain access to print and commercial jobs that can provide substantial income, networking/relationships with CDs and improve my resume for future representation by agents and managers. The non-union roles will give me more experience and credits besides the meager ones that I had in college. They will also further my growth as an actress. Each performance gives an agent a chance to see me and/or material for a reel.
While auditioning is great, I need to workout my acting muscles and grow as an artist. I'm also making acting classes/workshops a priority in my budget. I am currently searching for an intense, intimate class that's going to whip me into shape. So no more excuses about not having the money. I will cut out shopping, eating out, trips, etc. to be able to afford them.
Those are my plans for the time being. Of course they're flexible (have to be in this business!) but I plan to stick with it. Stay tuned for my 12 month plan and more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment